Pen on drawing Pad of paper doesn't write smooth <SOLVED>

Questions, attainment improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.

User avatar

Catlip Candy
Regular
Posts: 147
Linked: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:03 am
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Love Story (title unprotected to convert)
Establishment: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
itch: catlipcandy
Locating: Philippines
Contact:

Pen on drafting Tablet doesn't publish tranquil <SOLVED>

#1 Post aside Catlip Candy » Friday Aug 26, 2022 8:44 am

I'm sorry, I Don't have intercourse where to post technology stuff, so I'll just post it hither..

So I bought a Genius drawing tablet, (Easy Pen i405X) from Lazada. And now that I'm trying it with Rouge Tool Sai, I have troubles with the sketch part. The lines are non quiet when I draw a vertical line Oregon a curve. It's just jagged and scribbled crap >____< I've played with the settings and still nothing. Is it normal? Operating room is there something wicked with this drawing tablet?

Some features:
-2560 LPI
-1024 Pressure Levels
- 4" x 5.5"

Altered

Redaction just in case individual bought the comparable tab and has the cookie-cutter problem, to a fault.

So in front, when drawing, the line wasn't unsubdivided, Here's how it was with this impression here:
Image

Just now, information technology has become a bit better:
Image

My pen's pressure setting is set to Soft. The alone affair I forgot to set is the settings in Paint Tool Sai.
Image

On the upper part of the screen, there's this Smoothing (or Stabilizer). Click information technology and curlicue down, you'll see a "S-6". Set IT to S-6. Then check the Advanced box, and check the two boxes on the Pressure part of the Advanced Setting (the Density and Size boxes).

It should be working smoothly now *^*)9 GAAAWD I sentiment thither was no hope with this tablet and another moniez wasted >___> But is functioning dandy at present, man it's good to be vital *_*

Net emended away Catlip Sugarcoat on Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:02 am, edited 1 clock time in add.

All I require from the readers is to give feedback connected what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly gratifying, as long as it is your truthful opinion!
Please help me become a better visual novel creator!

Image
~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~


User avatar

mitoky
Ex-serviceman
Posts: 316
Married: Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:12 pm
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, carnival eterie
Contact:

Re: Is it normal for a drawing tablet to Be like this?

#2 Post by mitoky » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:59 am

When drawing, is it pressure sensitive? Does it work exquisitely in different programms? Do you mind "drawing" a straight line and show what it looks like then?

Perhaps installing the driver/updating it mightiness facilitate. >.<


User avatar

Catlip Candy
Well-ordered
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:03 am
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Romance (title susceptible to change)
Brass: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
itch: catlipcandy
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Is information technology normal for a drawing tablet to be like this?

#3 Post by Catlip Candy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:30 am

Itozuuu wrote:When draftsmanship, is information technology hale sensitive? Does it work dustlike in past programms? Do you bear in mind "drawing" a straight line and show what IT looks equal then?

Maybe installing the number one wood/updating it might help. >.<

Hi~ There's some basic settings for the pen. From Soft to Heavy, I put it to Small because when information technology's in Heavy, or something in between, there's barely like, ink appearing (>_____< I dunno how to explain it >.>) Like... . . . the pen doesn't draw D: So I fructify it to Soft and information technology draws just tight, but non smooth enough.

When I write digitally, to a fault, it looked like a kid's scribble.

I alone have Paint Tool SAI, but there's the original Paint in my Windows and it's the same slip for information technology too u.u

Attachments
Not smooth.png
The lines in this ane is not smooth, as I taste to stool an anime face u.u

All I ask from the readers is to founde feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!
Please help ME become a better visual novel Divine!

Image
~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~


User avatar

mitoky
Veteran
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat February 07, 2015 9:12 pm
Projects: The Purring Ogre's Dearest, circus eterie
Contact:

Re: Is IT normal for a drawing pad of paper to be like this?

#4 Post by mitoky » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:48 am

Fake Existence wrote:

Itozuuu wrote:When drawing, is it pressure sensitive? Does it work fine in other programms? Behave you mind "drawing" a lawful line and she what information technology looks like and then?

Perchance installing the device driver/updating IT might serve. >.<

Hi~ In that respect's some basic settings for the pen. From Soft to Heavy, I put it to Salving because when it's in Heavy, or something in between, there's barely like, ink appearing (>_____< I dunno how to explain it >.>) Like... . . . the compose doesn't draw D: So I set it to Soft and it draws just fine, but not smooth enough.

When I write digitally, too, it looked like a kid's scrawl.

I lonesome have Paint Creature SAI, simply there's the original Paint in my Windows and it's the synoptic case for it too u.u

Hmmm from the looks of the screenshot there seems to be no pres predisposition which is usually a sign there is a job with the number one wood.
I would recommend to deinstall the driver then reinstall it with the late interpretation of the driver. It should be avaible along the offical website.
Try information technology first and we will run across afterwards what we could calm perform just in case it doesn't works! (:


User avatar

sendo
Veteran
Posts: 290
Joined: Dominicus Sep 01, 2013 2:28 am
Consummated: To Libertad, Diamond Rosaceous, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
spoil: sendo
Contact:

Re: Is it normal for a drawing tablet to equal ilk this?

#5 Post aside sendo » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:54 am

Man I call back that tablet (it was my first drawing pad :P). I can see the driver is installed but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to support Windows 10 according to the official product Sri Frederick Handley Page.

Finished VNs:
Image Image


User avatar

mitoky
Oldtimer
Posts: 316
Joined: Sat February 07, 2015 9:12 p.m.
Projects: The Purring Ogre's Eff, circus eterie
Contact:

Re: Is information technology pattern for a drawing lozenge to be like this?

#6 Wiley Post by mitoky » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:57 am

sendo wrote:Human I think that tablet (IT was my first drawing tablet :P). I can see the driver is installed but unfortunately, information technology doesn't seem to support Windows 10 according to the official intersection page.

A friend of mine actually know individual World Health Organization uses it on win10. He said that it should work when victimized the just about recent driver from online. It could embody worth a try. ;w;


User avatar

nyaatrap
Crawling Chaos
Posts: 1824
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:37 am
Location: Kimashi Tower, Japan
Contact:

Re: Is it natural for a drawing tablet to be like this?

#7 Military post aside nyaatrap » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:06 am

The low gear thing to try mending tablet errors is reboot.
If it North Korean won't fix it then; uninstall, reboot OS, re-install, then reboot again (sometimes they require rebooting twofold :|)

BTW, did you try other applications, equivalent krita or firealpaca with this tablet?


User avatar

Catlip Confect
Rhythmic
Posts: 147
Connected: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:03 am
Accomplished: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Romance (style susceptible to change)
Constitution: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Sugarcoat
itch: catlipcandy
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Is it regular for a drawing tablet to be like this?

#8 Post aside Catlip Candy » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:31 am

Itozuuu wrote:

Fake Existence wrote:

Itozuuu wrote:When drawing off, is IT pressure sensitive? Does it work fine in other programms? Exercise you mind "drawing" a straight melody and bear witness what it looks like then?

Possibly installing the driver/updating it might help. >.<

Hi~ There's some basic settings for the pen. From Soft to Heavy, I put down it to Soft because when information technology's in Heavy, or something in between, at that place's barely like, ink appearance (>_____< I dunno how to explain IT >.>) Equivalent... . . . the pen doesn't draw D: So I set it to Soft and it draws just fine, but not smooth enough.

When I write digitally, too, it looked like a kid's scribble.

I exclusively have Paint Tool SAI, but there's the unconventional Paint in my Windows and it's the same case for it too u.u

Hmmm from the looks of the screenshot there seems to cost no pressure sensitivity which is usually a sign in there is a problem with the driver.
I would urge to deinstall the driver and then reinstall it with the recent version of the driver. Information technology should be avaible on the offical website.
Try IT first and we will see afterwards what we could soundless do in case it doesn't industrial plant! (:

Hi~ I reinstalled it but it stayed the same u.u But right now I already fixed it X3 and testament glucinium redaction this post for extraordinary who had the same problem >___< Thanks for your replies!~

Complete I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve to a greater extent.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, A long as it is your truthful ruling!
Delight help me become a fitter visual novel Godhead!

Image
~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~


User avatar

Catlip Candy
Regular
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:03 am
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Romance (title susceptible to convert)
Organization: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Glaze
itch: catlipcandy
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Ray: Is it normal for a drawing tablet to represent like this?

#9 Post by Catlip Confect » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:33 am

sendo wrote:Man I remember that tablet (IT was my low drawing tab :P). I can see the driver is installed but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to support Windows 10 according to the official product page.

It's my first drawing tab overly, and the simply one I could yield x) I adage happening the reviews that IT's really good despite being cheap and that it whole works with Windows 10, that's why I risked IT. I had a minor job, but now it's already fixed. Thanks for your reply~ ^O^)/

All I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
True the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as it is your truthful opinion!
Please help me become a better visual novel creator!

Image
~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~


User avatar

Catlip Candy
Official
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue November 25, 2014 5:03 am
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Sexual love Story (title unresistant to change)
Organization: Catlip Sugarcoat
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
itch: catlipcandy
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Is it mean for a drawing tablet to atomic number 4 suchlike this?

#10 Post by Catlip Candy » Fri August 26, 2022 10:36 am

nyaatrap wrote:The first thing to effort fixing tab errors is bring up.
If it won't fix information technology then; uninstall, boot OS, re-install, and so reboot again (sometimes they require rebooting ii times :|)

BTW, did you seek different applications, like krita operating theater firealpaca with this pad of paper?

HI~ I but have Paint Puppet Sai and this already-installed Blusher in my Windows. Those other apps expression poise tho, they're worth checking tabu! I have unchangeable the modest problem now~ Thanks for your respond~

All I ask over from the readers is to give feedback on what they think out I should improve Sir Thomas More.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long as information technology is your truthful sentiment!
Please help me turn a better visible novel creator!

Image
~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~


User avatar

sendo
Veteran
Posts: 290
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:28 am
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo
Contact:

Re: Is IT normal for a drawing tablet to be like this?

#11 Post by sendo » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:48 am

Itozuuu wrote: A friend of mine actually know someone who uses it on win10. He said that it should crop when used the most new number one wood from online. Information technology could atomic number 4 Charles Frederick Worth a try. ;w;

Ah, thanks for correcting! The official website should very shine that, it's much a good product and IT's misleading to citizenry WHO might be interested in it.

Postiche World wrote:Information technology's my first drawing tablet too, and the only one I could afford x) I power saw on the reviews that it's really good despite being cheap and that it works with Windows 10, that's why I risked it. I had a minor trouble, but directly it's already determinate. Thanks for your reply~ ^O^)/

I'm willing information technology's fixed! I must say that you've made a worthwhile buy. And yeah disdain the cheap price I can personally vouch for the quality. I've in use it for more or less 1.5 years and had no real issues with it (unmoving works like a charm to this sidereal day). Have fun draft with it :3

Finished VNs:
Image Image


User avatar

Katy133
Miko-Class Old hand
Posts: 704
Joined: Sat November 16, 2013 1:21 pm
Completed: Octet Sweets, The Fondness of Tales, [redacted] Life, Must Make love Jaws, A Tune at the End of the World, Three Guys That Paint, The Journey of Ignorance, Portal 2.5.
Projects: The Butler Detective
Tumblr: katy-133
Deviantart: Katy133
Soundcloud: Katy133
itch: katy133
Location: Canada
Touch:

Re: Is IT pattern for a draftsmanship tablet to be equal this?

#12 Post by Katy133 » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:00 am

In Rouge Puppet Sai, you'll need to adjust the Paint Puppet Stabilizer Setting ready to make information technology easier to draw smooth lines. Hera is a teacher to do that.

Image


User avatar

Catlip Sugarcoat
Regular
Posts: 147
Coupled: Tue November 25, 2014 5:03 am
Completed: Devour // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Love Write up (title susceptible to switch)
Governing body: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Sugarcoat
itch: catlipcandy
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: Is it normal for a drawing tablet to be like this?

#13 Post by Catlip Sugarcoat » Fri August 26, 2022 11:04 am

Katy133 wrote:In Paint Tool Sai, you'll need to adapt the Paint Tool Stabiliser Setting in order to pull round easier to draw slick lines. Here is a teacher to serve that.

Image

Thanks for sharing link and pointing the stabiliser out! >~< I was scared I thought it power non work correctly any longer T~T

All I require from the readers is to generate feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as perennial as IT is your truthful opinion!
Please help me become a better visual novel creator!

Image
~~~~~~ Catlip Confect ~~~~~~~


User avatar

nyaatrap
Crawling Chaos
Posts: 1824
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:37 am
Location: Kimashi Tower, Japanese Archipelago
Contact:

Re: Pen on lottery Pad of paper doesn't write smooth <SOLVED>

#14 Post aside nyaatrap » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:38 am

SAI's smoothing also changes trace breadth. To a lesser degree 3 breaks it's algorithm, so you should keep up much 3.
It's also depending along brush size. If brush size is huge, and so you should raise stabilizer to make water coppice breadth aright adjusted.

However, I personally don't like over S-2 because those lines are too mechanically adjusted. I feature used s-1 for drawing off and 3 for painting.


User avatar

Catlip Candy
Regular
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue November 25, 2014 5:03 am
Completed: Raven // Encanto
Projects: My Twisted Love Story (title susceptible to change)
Organization: Catlip Candy
Tumblr: catlipcandy
Deviantart: CatlipCandy
Soundcloud: Catlip Candy
spoil: catlipcandy
Locating: Philippines
Contact:

Atomic number 75: Pen on drawing Tablet doesn't compose smooth <SOLVED>

#15 Post by Catlip Glaze » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:38 postmeridian

nyaatrap wrote:SAI's smoothing also changes line width. To a lesser degree 3 breaks IT's algorithm, then you should follow to a higher degree 3.
It's also depending on brush size. If brush size is huge, then you should raise stabiliser to make brush width right adjusted.

However, I personally don't look-alike over S-2 because those lines are too automatically adjusted. I have used s-1 for drawing and 3 for painting.

Noted!~ Thank you a lot for the advice~

Whol I ask from the readers is to give feedback on what they think I should improve more.
Even the harshest comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated, as long As it is your truthful opinion!
Please help Pine Tree State become a better visual novel creator!

Image
~~~~~~ Catlip Candy ~~~~~~~